Castagneto Carducci

Castagneto Carducci


Castagneto Carducci is located in the Maremma Livornese, at the centre of the so called Etruscan Coast. The local territory descends towards the sea until encountering Marina di Castagneto, near the renowned Bolgheri Fauna Reserve.

The name Castagneto derives from "castagno" or "chestnut", obviously intended to describe a chestnut forest. In 1900, the city's name was changed to Castagneto Marittimo, due to its vicinity to the Etruscan Coast.
In 1907 its name was once again changed to Castagneto Carducci, in honour of the poet Giosuè Carducci, who lived there for some years during his childhood.

The history of Castagneto Carducci is embedded long ago in the medieval era. The city's origins are in fact tied to the Della Gherardesca royal house, which during centuries of rule, at times not peaceful, left its mark throughout the various historical eras since the beginning of the 20th century.

Today, Castagneto Carducci is renowned for its value as a beach tourism location, thanks to the nearby Etruscan Coast which has been awarded the "Bandiera Blu" or "Blue Flag" rating, the area's precious food and wine offerings, including wines such as Bolgheri Doc, and a territory rich in history and culture.
 
News & Promo!
minigalleryminigalleryminigalleryminigalleryminigalleryminigalleryminigalleryminigalleryminigallery
Livorno
Mon

27°C
Tue

27°C
Wed

27°C